Thursday, October 15, 2015

Diary of a Mediocre Homemaker- Emergency Preparation

Dear Diary,
Who knew parents start to consume their young after 3 days of no power.  I am not cut out to be a pioneer woman. Who knew I was addicted to electricity?  I use to think running out of toilet paper was an emergency. 

We are way to electricity dependent.  I was actually in Cabela's when the power initially went out.  You would think that would be the ideal place to be in a disaster.  Cabela's is the mega store of all things camping. They had an emergency back up generator but turns out that won't help flush the automatic toilet.  Not so prepared were they?

Recently we were without power for 3 days.  We really weren't prepared.  I guess we all think it won't happen to us until it does.

The most likely natural disaster scenarios are earthquakes and tsunami's in the area I live.


Today is also the Great Washington Shake out.

Some Emergency Checklists

Red Cross Survival Kits
Life as Mom

***Check out my entire series - Diary of Mediocre Homemaker
       I am linking up with Write31Days

No comments:

Post a Comment