Sunday, October 26, 2014

31 Days of Adventure - Haunted Forest

I am joining the Nester's 31 Days of Writing.  Check out my entire series - "31 Days of Adventure."

Have you ever volunteered at a haunted house? My family is volunteering at a Haunted Forest.  It is an event being put on as a Eagle Scout Project to get donations for the local food bank.
I can safely say that it was a dark and stormy night.  It poured on us this Saturday.  We were soaked to the bone. My youngest couldn't sleep this past week he was so excited to do this adventure.  He was a werewolf in the forest. 
Before the event
Charlie practicing
I was surprised how many people came out in the rain. 


 

I am still wringing the wet out of my clothes. Wouldn't you know that it stopped raining as soon as the event was over. Though I did think the rain added to the scary part of the event as well.  Below are some photos taken with the game cameras they had set up.
Chuck as a werewolf
 
Husband as a guide.
The kids who were helping were troopers.  We had a bride missing her husband, zombies, and werewolves.   We got a lot of positive feedback and made some kids cry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment