Thursday, October 2, 2014

31 days of Adventure - Adventure is in my DNA

I am joining the Nester's 31 Days of Writing.  Check out my entire series - "31 Days of Adventure."


My Parents
Aren't they Cute?
Rocky Mtn National Park - 1994?
For as long as I can remember, my parents have been adventurers.  Every Sunday, we would go on a Sunday drive. You never knew where we would end up. Once they tried to drive from our hometown of Loveland, Colorado to Denver, Colorado on nothing but dirt roads. That is a little over 60 miles of dirt roads I doubt that could be done today. We made it. My Mom's favorite saying  is, " I never got us lost. We always made it home."


I find myself wanting to see where that road takes me.  I think I get that from my parents. I love riding with my friend as she always takes the back roads.  I moved to Washington State 10 years ago so I am constantly still learning about the local back roads and asking where does that go.

Another Adventure thing I got from my parents is the crazy need to stick my head in a cut out.
My Mom
Las Vegas - 1996

Me
Value Village 2013
 
This cut out affliction rubbed off on my child
Cody 2000
San Diego Zoo

Anyone else have "Adventure in Their DNA?"

No comments:

Post a Comment