Friday, October 24, 2014

31 days of Adventure - Doing it with the Family

I am joining the Nester's 31 Days of Writing.  Check out my entire series - "31 Days of Adventure."
Our advance scout on Adventures
Charlie
I had a recent discussion with a single friend in a "relationship" and she and her fiancé were eager to go see and travel while they were able. As to say, if they were married and with kids, they would be too tied down to have adventures.  I  think part of my love of adventure is doing it with my kids and family.  Maybe our adventures are different but they are still adventures. This comment was actually the one that made me choose 31 Days of Adventure as my topic.

How would my husband and I explain what a great time the adults had at Great Wolf if we didn't have kids to take there?

There would be no reason for PJ rides -Pajama Ride- This is an idea I got from some Moms at MOPS.  When everyone is in their pajamas, you declare a pj ride for ice cream.  We do this every once in a while.  It is a very big hit
There would no need for frequent snack breaks when adventuring. Doesn't stopping to eat nature's bounty (blackberries" count?
 
blackberry picking
At the Art of Simple Travel there was an interesting post "Why it is good to travel with kids (from a kid)"


No comments:

Post a Comment