Thursday, October 17, 2013

You might be a homemaker if (Day 17)

You are EVERYONE'S emergency contact

As domestic engineers or homemakers were are generally the ones at home in our neighborhood.  So it feels like we are EVERYONE'S emergency contact.  I have actually wondered on how many forms at local schools my name has appeared. I have to admit I have been called on more than one occasion. Only one time actually resulted in me picking up the child. 

Today is Great Washington Shakeout Day or Earthquake Preparedness Day here in Washington State. This where you stop, drop and cover. This kicks off at 10:17am on 10-17.  That is pretty catchy.

So at 10:17am, you will be finding me under my desk assuming the position.

Are you a prepared Emergency Contact?

Check out the rest of my series " You Might Be A Homemaker IF.."
****I am linking up with Nester for 31 Days of Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment