Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 days of Little Things -Reading Aloud

I still occasionally read aloud to my kids.  Well, lately it has been only my youngest.  He is 10 in the 4th grade but he still enjoys the sound of my voice - lol. We just finished reading War Horse by Micheal Morpurgo.  My youngest is interested in World War II so I thought he might enjoy a read about World War I.  My criteria for a read aloud is that it must be something I enjoy reading too.  This fit that criteria.  I will admit this book does explore death and can be a tear jerker in places. My son is in 4th grade so he was pretty sensitive to some of the scenes. However, these are handled gingerly by the author.  We had some great discussions about this book. This is a great tale about loyalty and friendship between beast and man.

Need some more suggestions for Read Aloud check out Life as Mom post.  She has some great ideas and links.

I am linking up to Nester's 31 days of blogging.  Check out what everyone else is writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment