Monday, October 8, 2012

31 days of little things- Read This

The Nester is once again doing 31 days of blogging. Check out what others are writing about for 31 days.

I had no intention of talking/posting about it.  But I was inspired by a dear friends' post called, Ignorance.  I think her post can be summed up in her own words, " The poor have faces. They have stories. I have a face. I have a story. I am not a deadbeat."

Do me a favor or one little thing.  Read my friend's post.  Please! She said things more eloquently than I ever could.

Our definition of poor needs to expand. The one little thing we can do is realize that the poor aren't poor because they chose that.  The people I  know that are struggling are very hard working.  They didn't make bad choices.  Bad things happened to them that were way beyond their control. They have jobs, sometimes, more than one. They aren't parasites! They are people making hard choices in an economy that is not rebounding fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment