Thursday, December 15, 2022

What I Read December and Yearly Book Round up

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone else is reading. My reading has been a little bit more on the sparse side this month. 


Greed in the Gilded Age - The Brillant Con of Cassie Chadwick by William Elliott Hazelgrove

I picked this nonfiction book on a whim. This slim book details the con woman Cassie Chadwick. Cassie Chadwich conned about $2 million dollars out of several banks by simply claiming to be the illegitimate daughter of Andrew Carnegie.  That was simply her biggest and most successful con until she was caught. She realized early on that she could con others by simply pretending to be a wealthy woman or soon to inherit wealth. The men of the time especially highly educated bankers were beguiled by her looks and simply took her at her word and believing every word of her story. It is a fascinating piece of history. 

Favorite Books of  2022

The Unanswered Letter by Faris Cassell (my review)

How to Host a Viking Funeral by Kyle Scheele (my review)

The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley (my review)

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson (re-read) (my review)


The Maid by Nita Prose (my review)



Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keefe (my review)

Reading by the Numbers

Total Books Read -19

Re Reads - 1

Fiction - 11

Non Fiction - 8

No comments:

Post a Comment