Tuesday, November 15, 2022

What I read November

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone else is reading


The Department of Rare Books and Special Collections by Eva Jurczyk

I enjoyed this book set in a college library. A priceless book is missing and a colleague who holds the answers is at death door.  I have never thought about donors and acquisitions this behind scenes look at an academic library. This was a good, interesting read.


Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keefe

This is a Sharon Says So book club selection. This nonfiction book reads like a fictional family drama. The Sackler family developed oxycontin.  This is the story of their family how they developed the drug, marketed, and profited from it. Arthur Sackler the oldest brother revolutionized how drugs were marketed. This is a complex story and Keefe does an amazing job telling it. This is a book that needs to be discussed.  This is a book that will stick with you.

I have been told I need to now need to watch Dopesick 


No comments:

Post a Comment