Thursday, September 15, 2022

What I Read September

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit.  Check out what everyone else is reading


The Maid by Nita Prose

My friend recommended this book. It is about a hotel maid named Molly aka Molly the Maid that gets involved in some shady dealings unintentionally. Molly while not explicitly spelled out is on the spectrum and does not read people's social ques well.  I thought this was an interesting book. I didn't expect the deep undertones. 

The quote below is advice from Molly the Maid's gran and it was one that I kept thinking about. I think this would be a good book discussion question. 


Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson

I re read this book.  I read it in 2019 but I am participating in Sharon Says So Third Semester Book Club.  This is a heavy read. I cried again re reading this book. This the real-life stories of Bryan and his fight to get innocent people off death row.  IT says a lot about how justice is served in this country. I am looking forward to hearing the author talk. Just Mercy was written in 2014.  



No comments:

Post a Comment