Saturday, May 16, 2020

Not a Sourdough Quitter

Well, I just can't give up. I gave sourdough another chance. My husband bought me some starter from Amazon from Sourdoughbreads.com  I followed the directions. We had success. I have found out sourdough really stresses me out. I also make a really big mess.

My first loaves were on the flatter side. It made two loaves but totally edible and quite delicious.


I tried sourdough in the dutch oven this week and I liked that a lot better still didn't quite have the rise I thought it should. I have no pictures because those two loaves were gobbled up. I also didn't make quite as big of mess.  I am getting really good at making started discard sourdough waffles. Going to give it a try next week. My Mama didn't raise a quitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment