Friday, May 15, 2020

Moving to a New Normal

I got an email from the school district saying that we are halfway through our e-learning adventure with our kids. Our school will be ending June 19 which still seems a long ways off.  I have been writing almost everyday for the last few months with a few exceptions. Mainly as just a journal and a way to process this pandemic stuff. This was my routine. Well, next week my oldest son goes back to work. As part of my job as his personal care assistant, more of my day will be involved in managing his day. So, as of next week I will not be writing the Daily Roll everyday. Thanks for reading!
I don't think the Canadian Geese have got the message that
the border is closed
As part of my new normal, my husband and I have been walking the neighborhood. It is a good way to get out of our house. It also got us to checking out our neighborhood. Lots of people are doing home improvement projects. We also like to people watch. We watched a guy try to pull out a tree with his truck. The way he was going about it was really janky. We literally found ourselves gaping and decided that wasn't probably appropriate. So we just walked by the next day to see if he accomplished the mission. He did. We kinda wished we had stayed for the show.

The new normal involves wearing masks. I think they are here to stay for a while. I don't know if the science is good about it or not. If masks are required, I am doing it. I am a rule follower. 

What is your new normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment