Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Daily Roll 5.6.20 Stimulus Grading



Somehow this song I heard just seemed appropriate for today. It is an oldie. 

End of the Roll 

Guess I am jumping to the end. It has been that kind of day. I am coining a new term for the grades given in our school district STIMULUS GRADING. Everyone is getting an "A" except those who don't participate and those who don't participate are being given an incomplete. Got some mixed feelings about this. I got a kid who has been working really hard at completing some really challenging assignments. I also know some kids totally taking advantage of the system. Should I tell my kid to work less?  How much participation counts?  Excerpt from District letter is below.

6.  Isn’t a system of all “A” grades the same as giving every kid a participation ribbon?  

Perhaps it is. However, we don’t think it is unlike the loans the government is giving businesses, or the $1200 economic impact checks they are sending individuals to help them deal with this crisis. Our students have also encountered a crisis, and we are providing them with a stimulus grading plan. We want to give hope to some of them who need it most. If the “A” grades they earn this semester inspire them to work harder to earn more “A”s when grading returns to normal, we will all be delighted.  (Ferndale School District)





No comments:

Post a Comment