Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Did I become a better homemaker during this crisis?

Something terribly wrong happened here

That seems like a loaded question. Short answer - NOPE

I still don't like hand washing dishes.

I am still not caught up on laundry

I am still unorganized

The list goes on!

However, I do feel I became a better crisis manager. I really think it is a skill I developed in the Army. When I get into stressful situations, I tend to pivot. I really like the word pivot. Pivot to me isn't that you abandoned everything but you do change your direction. There has been a lot of pivoting for my family and I am sure it hasn't been as much as some. I realize we all aren't in the same boat. However it isn't business as usual for anyone.

Crisis management is the process which an organization deals with a disruptive and unexpected event that threatens to harm the organization or its stake holders. Wikipedia

I think most of us have become good crisis managers of our household.  We stocked up on food. We taught our people about proper hand washing and mask wearing. We tried to limit to exposure to covid risks. Some of us took a greater part in educating our kids while still doing our paying job. We figured things out. Going forward that still has to happen even as restrictions ease. 


No comments:

Post a Comment