Sunday, October 2, 2016

Notes of a Mediocre Homemaker - Failing Monster Identification 101



Know the difference between GODZILLA and KING KONG. Even a 1st grader knows the difference


Recently, I totally failed at monster identification.  I have been doing some before school care for a 1st grade boy. This typical 1st grade boy is into monsters such as the Loch Ness Monster.  Recently, he was playing Godzilla.  We ended up playing Godzilla taking over the city.  It was really exciting and in a effort to extend the activity, we made drawings.  I made a drawing in which I thought I was drawing Godzilla instead I made a big hairy ape.  I clearly was making King Kong.

.

My young charge couldn't figure out why I was making a hairy ape.  This first grader totally drew an awesome Godzilla.

When I was in Target the other day, I saw the Godzilla DVD and the cover was Pop Art.  I noticed several 80's movies had Pop Art covers as well.


Doesn't everyone mix up a giant ape and a giant lizard?



Check out my entire Series - Notes of a Mediocre Homemaker
I am linking up with  Write 31 Days.

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun & funny article~ Enjoyed it-- thank you for the laugh! :) Reading more of your series now~!

    ReplyDelete