Monday, March 30, 2020

Daily Roll 3.30.30

IS
MARCH
OVER
YET?
asking for Mom's everywhere


My Truth Today
18 count egg carton fell out of my trunk when I opened it. It was totally my fault. I kinda felt like crying. BUT here is the thing. My son also bought eggs. We have eggs. The store had eggs. It is just eggs. I did manage to save a few. 

I don't know if anyone else follows Jen Hatmaker on Instagram or Facebook. She is speaking my truth. She is a mom to teenagers and college kids. Please watch her videos. It will make you feel better. We all just trying to figure this out. 

What's for Dinner? 
Teriyaki Chicken - sauce homemade from Fix, Freeze, Feast
Rice 
Salad
Cowboy Cookies

What are my co-workers doing today


Photo by my Oldest -CMR
local gas station
Oldest needed to grocery shop so he went on our grocery store adventure. He did great. As many know my oldest has Autism. I found a good link on the stimulus check and disable people receiving SSI

My youngest did a bit of journaling. He checked in with his homeroom teacher via email. HE MADE marinade - teriyaki sauce.

Pantry Lessons Learned during the Crisis

My friend and I were talking about our pantries and things we would of done at the beginning of this. Stuff we had no idea would be hoarding or stock piling. I think I did well for my freezer and pantry. I was generally stocked up. My freezer was full. My pantry did have the general baking essentials - flour, sugar, and butter. I posted my freezer inventory. I am on version 3.0 of my inventory. 

Things I wish had stockpiled more at the beginning

Pasta
Canned Goods - canned tomatoes seemed to be sold out everywhere
Butter
Flour
Snack Food(plenty of this at store I just didn't have any)
Mayo
Mustard
Ketchup

Chicken (fresh)
Hamburger Patties

Cleaning Supplies
Toilet Paper

I went to the grocery store today and I was to get every staple I needed. I think most of food and TP issues have stabilized in our area.

Helpful Substitution List for Baking


No comments:

Post a Comment