Tuesday, October 15, 2019

October Reading

I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit Linky. Check out what everyone else is reading.



Celine by Peter Heller - I am going to name this one of my best reads of 2019.  I really enjoyed this mystery/missing person story.  I agree with some other reviewers that Celine is perhaps more interesting as the private investigator than the actual missing person story. Celine is a well thought out character with most excellent back story. I would love to read some more stories with Celine as the main character. I could see this being made into a movie.


The Reckless Oath We Made by Bryn Greenwood - This was a book recommend by Ali Edwards. This book was interesting. Gentry is Zee's champion. Zee is a woman with issues a tall redhead and definitely not a princess in most people's eyes. Gentry both shy and autistic is really into knights and codes of honors. He has chosen Zee to champion. This story was one I found myself thinking quite a lot about. Isn' t that what a good book is suppose to do? I like how the character with autism character was developed. It was more about his moral compass and less about his autism. I think this would be a good book club discussion book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment