Friday, October 11, 2019

Googling My Way Through Life - The Secret (Treasure Hunt)

I am 90% sure most of my googling happens during television watching.  I am a big fan of the treasure shows Curse of Oak Island, Civil War Gold and Expedition Unknown.  Josh Gates of Expedition Unknown recently had show on the book, "The Secret". It was actually their 2nd time exploring the treasure hunt.

The book contains 12 puzzles that lead to 12 cities where a vase (casque) is buried in a Plexiglas box containing a key/ The key can be redeemed for a jewel. Only 2 of the 12 casques have been found and Bryon Preiss, publisher and keeper of the locations,  has since passed away but the keys still can be redeemed for jewels.

Well all of this led to a lot of googling. Josh Gates and Expedition Unknown went to Charleston and San Francisco

The Secret Wiki

For less intense adventures but treasure none the less try Geocaching or Letterboxing.  Those are the kind of adventures I like. I think I will stick to those. I love to hear about the hunt.


Check out the rest of my "Googling My Way Through Life " series here

No comments:

Post a Comment