Thursday, October 10, 2019

Googling My Way Through Life - Googling Genealogy

My Grandfather possibly a college picture
Iowa State College 
Perhaps the best title EVER!  I use a lot of googling in my ancestry/genealogy research. Before I had an ancestry subscription.  I used the library for ancestry.com access but I discovered a lot of things could be googled. Sometimes I use google for context in that I don't necessary google my individual ancestor but the location and events that happened during their lifetime.

Examples of Google Searches

Bonesteel, SD  Historical Society - Doesn't exist but Gregory County Historical Society does

Iowa State College doesn't exist anymore but Iowa State University does.

Candace Pringey Liston - Looked up Pringey Reunion - led to Margaret Younkin Pringey  (Candace's mother)



6 Secret Google Genealogy Tips - I think I have most of the tips contained in this Family History Daily article.

Using Google Image Search


Check out my entire "Googling My Way Through Life" series here

No comments:

Post a Comment