Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Things I learned in April

Chuck going down the slide
at the aquatic center in Loveland CO
even though he cried the whole way
1.Vacation is good for the soul.  We got a chance to go to Colorado with the kids Spring Break.  It was the perfect low key vacation.  I haven't laughed that hard in so long.  It made me realize the weight/stress I was carrying.  It felt wonderful to leave that behind for a few days.

2. The bible verse below was on Beth Moore's Facebook page. It has been speaking to me. Many days I feel invisible and I spend my days only talking to kids for a huge portion of the day. It can be wearing and by it's very nature extremely isolating.

"The Lord talked to Hagar. She began to use a new name for God. She said to him, “You are ‘God Who Sees Me.’” She said this because she thought, “I see that even in this place God sees me and cares for me!” Genesis 16:13 -- Someone might need to hear today that He sees AND He cares. Take heart, dear friend.

3. I realized my son didn't know the Smelly Cat song from Friends.  It was my pleasure to introduce him to that gem. He said he could tell it was from the 80's. Now he has something to sing while cleaning the cat box.

4. I realized I need to be creative.  I worked on a sewing project and I remembered that sewing brings me flow. 

5. Stickers are great motivation for adults too.  We actually give stickers out for those who complete their bible study homework.  I know it is silly for adults but effective.  I am using them for my walking workout.  I am giving myself a sticker for completing my walking workout.  It is a great visual on my calendar and it feels good to stick a sticker.
 
I am linking up with Chatting at the Sky and What I learned in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment