Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Cleaning and My One Little Word

Spring Cleaning Challenges are everywhere on the web.  There is something in the air that makes me want to clean out stuff. Today, I endeavored to do one at Money Saving Mom- 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge.  This one was to sweep and vacuum my entire house.  Well, I managed to do the downstairs sweep and vacuum in 30 minutes.  I sweep every day but I still managed to sweep all this up. 

Yuck!!!  I am convinced there is a small dog hidden there. I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and the 2 man wrecking crew so keeping up with my floors is a challenge.  Did I mention we live in the Pacific Northwest with lots of rain which equals muddy paws. I have mainly hardwood floors downstairs with the exception of the carpeted family room and 3 large area rugs. This is a constant battle against the hair. I came to a couple realizations:

1. I need a new broom.  Mine is in pretty rough shape.  The dog has even chewed up the dust pan.  He is convinced it is a chew toy. You got to have the right tools for the job.

2.  It didn't take that long to do the whole thing if you just stick to the task at hand. I swear I have cleaning ADHD. That means get off the computer and do the CLEANING. It isn't rocket science

3.  It was probably more efficient to do it this way too and it looks really clean.

4. It took only an additional 8 minutes to mop the hardwood so I did it.  Still loving my Reveal Mop too. Yes, I have a cleaning crush.

A couple weeks ago I did a different cleaning challenge with Northwest Blogger Cleaning Bash - The Coupon Mom to tackle my master bedroom closet.  I am ashamed to say it was the closet you could hardly walk into.  My hubby did lots of traveling and it had become a dumping ground. It is now my happy place.  It actually stays consistently clean in there.  Even Moms need a happy space even if it is found in a closet.


What does this have to do with my one little word - Endeavor.  Well, I am doing something - endeavoring so to speak.  I like this quote I heard from a seasoned mommy ,
" Cleaning even poorly done is still done."

No comments:

Post a Comment