Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mental Health Break

Took a walk along Birch Bay this morning.  Just needed to pause.  It was a beautiful morning so I walked it end to end.  My knee and heel are still bothering me but I walked on.
This looks piece of driftwood looks like a hand reaching up
Walking has always been my mediation and medicine.  I remember being a young soldier in Germany (a million years ago) and walking off the Kaserne by myself and I just kept walking.  It was hard for me to conform to the rules and it still is. It was hard being away from home. It is hard being an introvert in an extrovert world. I would walk until I got my perspective back.

Today I just walked because it was a beautiful day and I needed to know the world is bigger than my little petty problems.  I walked and my problems got swallowed up by the ocean because they are just a drop in the great big ocean.

To See A World
 
To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
             -William Blake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment