Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Me and MacGyver

I think my appliances hate me.  Maybe hate is too strong of a word.  This past couple weeks have been of appliance failure.  My washer decided to flood the laundry room a couple times.  I guess it was wishful thinking that it was only a one time thing.  The refrigerator kept freezing EVERYTHING. 

Thankfully I have a MacGyver. You know MacGyver from the TV series  who can fix anything with some string and gum. Mrs. Respiratory Therapist introduced us to googling appliance repairs.  So we googled our appliance problems.  MacGyver took apart our washer and determined the motor was about the go .  We decided that we should probably go ahead and purchase a new machine- uggh.  That was the easy part.  Our laundry room is extremely small and not much space to work in.  Getting the machine out was like a massive game of Tetris. We had to disassemble shelving and gather some minions to help us get our dryer unstacked from our washer. We did get it accomplished with brute strength not mine, thank goodness. So I am now the proud owner of a new washing machine

Secondly, the refrigerator had some kind of flap that was broken off. It was causing cold air to constantly blow in the refrigerator. It was freezing everything. MacGyver took it apart. So upon removing the plastic casing in the back of the refrigerator you discover Styrofoam held together by what looks like masking tape.  I can't make this stuff up.  I kept finding myself holding my breath as he kept taking apart things. It just was more and more Styrofoam surrounding this fan and flap. He finds the flap and indeed it is broken.  Decides to super glue doesn't work and ends of using some kind of quick grip.  YES, it is fixed and put back together.

On top of that, he put together this 3D apple puzzle.  Technically I started it  The two pieces I put together took me about 15 minutes.  The whole apple took him about 20 minutes.  I am so thankful we have MacGyver.

No comments:

Post a Comment