Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Experimental Cooking - Chocolate Banana Bread with Crystallized Ginger

Chocolate Banana Bread with Crystallized Ginger
I am a banana bread snob.  There is a tried and true recipe I have been using pretty much my entire adult married life.  It actually came from an Albertson Ad - recipe here. However I am reading the book, A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg and her wonderful book includes a recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread with Crystallized Ginger.  I decided to give it my best shot.

Molly also blogs at Orangette. I love all the stories in her book that go with the recipes.  I don't know about you but I didn't have the crystallized ginger on hand.  Inspired in part by The Coupon Project, I bought some from the bulk bin.  I needed a 1/3 of cup.  It was A LOT cheaper to get it from the bulk bin.  Check out her post on the bulk bin shopping. Long story short, the bread turned out beautifully. My kids and my Hubby really enjoyed it.  It was delicious. I don't think I will be ditching my tried and true recipe but adding this one to the mix. This bread definitely kicked it up a notch.  I loved that the ginger wasn't over powering.

A Homemade Life was a book on my Book it List.  For more information on my Booking It for 2013 click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment