Thursday, February 15, 2024

What I Read February

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone else is reading.


The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray

I breezed through this book in almost an afternoon. I technically finished after dinner. It was a great read. The book was about Belle Greene who was the Personal Librarian of J P Morgan. Modern Mrs Darcy Quick Lit November 2023. I thought this was a great read and thought provoking too.


Mrs Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill

This was part of a Back List Challenge for 2012. I enjoyed the stories that Clint Hill, Secret Service Agent, talked about being part of Mrs. Kennedy's protective detail. It was a real look behind the curtain. 



Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain

This is a story about a new social worker Jane and her clients the Hart's. The setting is North Carolina. This is during the era of forced sterilization of poor or disabled people.  This story is told well. This is another book for the 2013 Back List Challenge. You can't but help but root for the main characters in this story.  Maybe the ending was tied up a little too neatly.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved Necessary Lies. We read it in our book club several years ago.

    ReplyDelete