Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Garden Planning


 Is it too early to talk about gardening planning. I have spring fever. Above the picture is of my current seed stash. I did order 2 packets of seeds from Floret - Vintage Rose Celosia and Victoria Wedding Zinnia.  

My oldest son actually picked those out to grow. Picture below is the very rough sketch on what I think things will look like in the back yard. I am pretty comfortable I can manage this amount. Last summer I planted Lavendar, Texas sage, coneflower, and cotton tuff. I would like to add more Texas sage or Russian sage and the most expensive long-term thing I will be adding is an Angel face rose. 


 I will have to use the afternoon shade of the shop for my dahlias. We had a brutal hot summer last year, so I learned that dahlias need afternoon shade and boat loads of water. 

I will be starting my seeds the middle of March. depending on germination rates. Our last frost is the middle of April. Yep, I will be trying the seed method again for everything except sunflowers. Those I will direct sow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment