Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Booking It 2024 - January

I am linking up to Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone else is reading. 


Trail of the Lost by Andrea Lankford




Technically finished this book on 12/29/2023.  My son got me this book for Christmas. I love reading about the PCT, Pacific Crest Trail. This book by Andrea Lankford a retired Park Ranger and her involvement in the search for Kris Fowler, Chris Sylvia, and David O'Sullivan. These are hikers missing from the PCT. This talks about what Andrea and the many volunteers who searched for these three hikers long after the official search. This is both heartbreaking and hopeful. 







This was a Sharon Says So book club read.  It is about Klan and the hold it had on Indiana in the 1920's.  It was a disturbing read for me.  I think it is important to share history even the bad parts of history. This book is researched incredibly well, and the pace of the book kept me reading.  There are a lot of connections with today as well. I am looking forward to discussing this book with book club.


I also read the The Big Burn by Timothy Eagan. That book actually gave me some nightmares about wildfires. I am looking forward to the author talk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment