Saturday, January 27, 2024

52 Ancestors - Last Photos

I am participating in 52 ancestors in 52 weeks Amy Johnson Crow.  The prompt last week was Photo.

Recently, I gave my nephew a 35 mm camera that was Pappy's. Pappy was my husband's grandfather, Charlie C Berg. There was still film in it. My nephew took the film and developed it. It was the last photo in the scan was Pappy. 


The haunting to see Pappy on his own film. That is the picture above. We believe my husband took the photo. It was like a shout out, "You finally developed my film." He was clearly amused. 

 I believe the pictures were taken between 2015 and 2017. Pappy liked to take photos. He learned to develop film while in the Army during WWII after several times his film was confiscated. He claimed that a photo he took that was confiscated showed up in the newspaper Stars and Stripes.  The camera he was taking these on he wasn't overly fond of it because it wasn't manual. His old camera was a manual 35mm. Pappy loved the outdoors and nature and grew up in rural Minnesota. Pappy was an avid rockhound.  Pappy had an interesting and amazing life.

Below are a couple of photos that Pappy took from the same roll. These photos were all taken at the house in Lakewood, Washington. Pappy spent the last years of his life living with his daughter in Lakewood, Washington. 




I wrote another post on Pappy called Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment