Monday, August 14, 2023

What I Read August

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone else is reading. I took July off not from reading but from posting any book reviews.  


Educated by Tara Westover

I read this again for a book club selection. I am looking forward to the author talk. This is Tara's memoir about growing up in Idaho in a very dysfunctional Mormon fundie household where she wasn't educated and essentially abused and neglected by her parents. She goes on to become incredibly educated. This memoir exposes or shares very difficult topics about her family which is now quite famous now.  I loved discussing this with book club. When I read it for book club, I read it quite differently. I think I got more out of it.  Since I read Educated the first time, Tara's mother has written a book that basically disputes what Tara wrote. I haven't read it. 


Recent news article about Westover family

Previous Blog Post

1 comment:

  1. I really love that quote as well. I also will not read the mother's book. I have no doubt that Tara's story is true.

    ReplyDelete