Friday, January 23, 2015

ET Highway Day 1- Travel Bucket List

Well, this year already I managed to take something off my travel bucket list. I wrote more about my travel bucket list here.

The Start of the ET Highway
My husband planned a trip to the ET Highway in Nevada with the purpose of geocaching along it.  We went without our kids.  This is the first time we have ever left our kids for more than one day.  We had an amazing time.  I have to give a great big shout out to Nonna and Pappy who took care of the two man wrecking crew.

The ET highway has over 2000 geocaches along it.  The highway according to hard core geocachers is considered a power trail. Specific Details about the ET Highway Geocaches.We only found a small number in comparison to what is actually out there.  We spent about a day and half caching the actual highway itself. We flew into Vegas and my husband proceed to rent an impractical but fun car - A CAMARO. 

We hit the road and found a few caches prior to the highway.  In retrospect we probably should of just started at the highway since we got such a late start. 
Alien0071
The caches are pretty much drive ups and in rock piles every 10th of a mile.  There was lots of starting and stopping. We were so glad we invested in a stamp to stamp the log book.  The first day we found about 92 caches. That was a new caching record for us. The landscape is so beautiful and so different from Western Washington.  I couldn't help but stare out at the landscape.
Landscape
Piece of Weathered Wood is a survey marker

We ended our day in Rachel Nevada at the Little  AleInn.  What a totally unique place. 
 
 
 We had no idea we were going to spend our night in a trailer but it was all good.  The food at the restaurant was exceptional and the people were friendly. We even had Alien Pie for dessert. Alien Pie I believe is Coconut, Pecan, and Raisin.  IT was seriously delish.  I also hard their alien casserole is great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment