Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What I Learned in July

Zinnia
The black screen of death on your computer is a bad thing. It isn't the end of the world.  Though it certainly seems like it in the moment. The lesson though is back up your stuff.  It really is that simple. I also learned what a time suck electronic devices are too. 

I am also reminded this month that new ventures excited me.  My hubby and I have started making shot up picture frames. These picture frames have genuine bullet holes. It feels good to make something.  Though my main contribution is puling staples out of broken up target frames.  I have a new respect for staples. The wood in the frames is totally recycled from our local shooting range and their busted up target frames. A portion of the proceeds are being donated to the local junior shooting program. Who says a shooting range can't be environmentally friendly- shoot and recycle. Locally our frames can be purchased at TENEX.

I am reminded that there is wisdom in Kung Fu Panda 2. I went with my youngest to see Kung Fu Panda 2 as part of the summer movie express.   I loved several quotes but this one below is sticking with me.

Po to Shen
You've gotta let go that stuff from the past. Cause it just doesn't matter. The only things that matter is what you choose to be now.-Kung Fu Panda 2

I am linking up with Chatting At The Sky and What We Learned This Summer

1 comment:

  1. Yep, we've got a choice on how we respond to what comes our way.

    You said it well!

    ReplyDelete