I am linking up to Ali Edwards Summer Manifesto linky party.
We are a ways off before school ends in our neck of the woods. We go until June 21st. ***Edited to add link for our official 2012 Summer list. This is the never ending school year. I have one child that the year should of ended yesterday. (LOL)
Every year we make a summer list of things we hope to do during the summer. I put things on the list and my kids put things on the list. I think it is important to have plans. I have older kids and I am a stay at home mom. They aren't quite ready to commit to making a list. Here is our rather unglamorous list from 2011. Here are some things I hope to include on our list for 2012.
1. Geocache- Yes, we have have a geocaching addiction at our house. We would like to make the 400 cache milestone this summer. Our team name is the 2 man wrecking crew.
2. Have a Travel Bug Race. There will be a prize for the travel bug that travels the most miles. We also will be tracking where our bug visits. We have decided the bug owner with the most miles gets a Blizzard.
3. Make a trip to Colorado to visit Grandma and Grandpa.
4. Ride the Hiawatha Trail. I think will be able to do this on the way to Grandpa and Grandma's. I have wanted to do this for the longest time. There should be a lot of shock and awe when they see fat woman on bike.
5. Pajama Ride- This is an idea I got from some Moms at MOPS. When everyone is in their pajamas, you declare a pj ride for ice cream. We do this every once in a while. It is a very big hit.
6. Have an adventure. For many years we have gone with my friend Mrs Epi on some day trip adventures or misadventures in her adventure van. The van has been sold but we still have the adventures. Here is one of our adventures. It is great to be a tourist in your own backyard
7. Have a fire. We are lucky to have a fire pit in our back yard. Hopefully we will roast some marshmallows.
8. beach comb - We keep hoping we will find some Japanese trash. Though if some of the reports are true maybe we don't want to find any Japanese trash as there might be human remains. Our friend Bones probably should lay off the beach combing.
9. Library Reading Program - It is tradition and it keeps the kids reading during the summer. My youngest will probably be the only one doing this year. The theme this year is Dream Big - Read at our library. This starts June 9th. They have some really great free summer programs.
10. Hang out - The great thing about summer is that not everything needs to be scheduled.