Friday, September 11, 2009

Sept 11

I wrote this in a child development class I was taking on 9-11-01. We were asked to journal about our feelings and this is what I wrote on that historic and horrible day

This makes me feel solemn. The days events come flashing back. On some level, the events seem unreal. Whenever someone says the World Trade Center, I am going to see the plane crashing through that building. These tragic events tie all of us together as Americans. It sickens me that terrorist think they can control us with these random acts of violence. What kind of sick person would put this terrorist plan into action. How do we explain to our children why others harm each other? It is hard to teach peace when we live in such a violent world. Why can't we all just get along? It makes me scared and sad to see this kind of violence all around us. We have turned into a mad, mad, world. It is no wonder our kids act out.

No comments:

Post a Comment