Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Seek

I created this lovely layout of my one little word but for whatever reason when I put into blogger it looks like you know what. You'll just have to trust me that my one little word is SEEK and I have a lovely layout for that word.

Seek out more resources
Seek out more JOY
Seek out more income
Seek out more margins

There was an article today in the Bellingham Hearld that said that in University of Scranton Study showed that the success rate for adults making resolutions is 10 times higher than the those desiring to change but not making a resolution. I am going to give it my best shot. I have a list of 15 things I want to work on which I am not going to post here but right next to phone on my desk. Hopefully, it will spur me into action. LOL You will notice I chose the word margin. I was re-reading a book MOPS sends out to their members - "Breathe" and this quote hit me.
"Margin is the amount allowed beyond that which is needed. It is something held in reserve for contingencies or unanticipated situations. Margin is the gap between rest and exhaustion, the space between ourselves and our limits." - Richard A. Swenson, MD
So many things that were totally beyond my control happened this year, it forced me to live in my margins. I want to breathe this year. I want to find my margins.









No comments:

Post a Comment