Saturday, January 12, 2008

GOT VIKINGS?

My house has been invaded by vikings. There is a lot of man energy here between the vikings and upcoming football game this afternoon. Doesn't the lil viking wearing Green Bay colors know he is in enemy territory?

In honor of the upcoming football game I thought I would make beer bread. If you can't beat them join them, right! I did not have enough self -rising flour so I am trying the Honey Oat Beer Bread recipe found at www.allrecipes.com Here is my tried and true recipe:

Beer Bread
3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
12 ounces of beer (don't go too cheap or it is bitter)- or any carbonated beverage
2 tablespoons melted butter

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
Butter a loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and beer and mix well. The mixture should be sticky. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes. At the last 3 minutes of baking remove form oven, brush the top of the loaf with butter and return to oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment