Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What do elves learn in school?

The elvephbet - joke courtesy of son #1

I feeling less than festive this morning. I was letting the little things bother me and trust me they were all little (as under the age of 10).

"People tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will descend like fine weather if you're fortunate. BUT HAPPINESS IS THE RESULT OF PERSONAL EFFORT. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly." From Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (quote featured in Prevention Magazine Nov 2007)

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is one of the books I read this fall. I can really relate to so much of it. I especially like how she talks about her inner voice never shutting up. My inner voice does that too. She was interviewed by Oprah on one of her shows. I am not a big Oprah fan but it was fascinating to hear Elizabeth Gilbert. I am proud to say I discovered Gilbert's book before Oprah. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment