Monday, December 3, 2007

Grandma

My Grandma Bettie passed away this morning. She had been suffering. My Grandma was an incredible woman. She was independent and feisty. She loved to read. She read lots of romance novels and loved the entertainment rags. She was a talented doll maker. Growing up, I had the most incredible dolls and the most over the top Barbie clothes.



Above is a picture of some dolls she made my sister and I one Christmas. The cabbage patch dolls were made from a kit. All the clothes were handmade. She was creative and opinionated. She was deeply in love with my Grandfather who passed away way too soon. She was thrifty and was a saver. I wish we had a closer relationship but I know she loved me and understood me better than most. I am sad and incredibly sad for my Dad and Aunt.


No comments:

Post a Comment