Wednesday, April 15, 2020

What I Read April

I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone else is reading.

I don't know about you but my reading life has been put on hold. At this beginning of this quarantine I was a single parent as my husband was away on a work assignment and my general anxiety has made reading hard. But I think I am adjusting and ready to get back to reading. I mainly get my books from the library. Our library is shut down and only e-books are available.


A Killing in Amish Country by Gregg Olsen and Rebecca Morris. Nonna (MIL) has been reading everything by Gregg Olsen that she could get her hands on. I read Starvation Heights a ways back and this was the only Gregg Olsen book that I could get my hands on at the time. This is a sad true story but well told. Barbara Weaver's husband was living a double life with internet, sexting, and girlfiends. It is a true story about domestic abuse and the death of  Barbara Weaver. Anyone else fascinated by the Amish?



The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle by Leslie Connor is a shared Community Read for our library system. This book was made available with unlimited downloads as an e-book. It is a young adult book. Mason Buttle is an interesting character who has dyslexia and has a very interesting home life. He lives in a orchard that is surrounded by new developments. He also sweats a lot. He doesn't fit in and other kids bully him. It is a good story and fairly fast pace. I read it in one day. I think this would make a good family read for families with tweens and teens. It covers neurodiversity, class, grief, bullying, and unintended consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment