Thursday, April 23, 2020

Daily Roll 4.23.20

Scared a baby bunny yesterday out in the yard. 

What is happening at Casa de Honeypot?

Harvested first Rhubarb yesterday. Time to break out rhubarb recipes. I cut up some stalks and put in the freezer. I have 2 rhubarb plants. One has greener stalks (still has red) and I got one that has stunning red stalks. I hope to harvest the stunning red one this year. Rhubarb is plant that you can't harvest the first few years.

Made Chow Mein yesterday for dinner. It was okay. Trying to mix things up a little

End of the Roll

It is National Autism Awareness Month. I was able to see a free screening with my son on a Facebook Live of "Autism Goes to College" . I thought it was interesting and good for my son to see other autistic people doing college.  I loved the different perspectives. They highlighted some of the challenges that neurodiversity brings. My son has experienced some of these things at community college. Higher learning institutions still have a ways to go to support autistic students but I am appreciative that there is a spotlight being shown on the programs and supports that do exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment