Monday, October 30, 2023

Putting the Garden to Bed


Here in New Mexico, it has been still warm, but the lows are going to be in the high 30s. The time has come to put the garden to bed. Most of my cut flowers are in pots.  


Most of my plants are in containers. I plan to overwinter my geranium on my back enclosed porch along with some succulents. The oasis is about to get planty.


I am collecting dahlia seeds. I do plan to save my current dahlia tubers.  I grew some of them from seed.  There isn't anything super special, but I thought I would save the tubers. I collected the seeds too. 



I made kinda of a mess, but I have some seeds to try. I like experimenting. A paper plate is better for this than just a paper towel as the petals really do blow away easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment