Saturday, October 28, 2023

52 Ancestors - Digging Deeper

The 52 ancestors in 52 weeks prompt was Digging Deeper.  This part of Amy Crow Johnson's writing about 52 ancestors in 52 weeks.

I keep circling back to Oklahoma and specifically Oklahoma politics.  I found another connection to Oklahoma politician.  See my previous post on Joseph Colburn Pringey. I found a mention in my 4th great grandmothers Find a Grave blurb that James Mountain Inhofe, US Senator and Congressman, was related to her. This got me curious. I decided to see if I could connect myself to the former senator. 

Abigail Appolonia Rhoads Pringey was born November 29, 1776, and died February 12, 1866. (find a grave) Abigail married John Pringey.  They resided in Somerset County Pennsylvania for their entire lives. Abigail is my 4th Great Grandmother on my maternal side.

I made a chart.  It is very homemade. Below is how I think I am related to James "Jim" Inhofe.


If I am related it is very distantly - James "Jim" Mountain Inhofe is possibly my 4th cousin. Jame's parents were Perry Dyson Inhofe and Blanche Mountain. I am related to him through his mother's maternal side. 

Jim is a very successful politician that retired this year. Below are some of the positions that he has held.

Oklahoma House of Representatives

Oklahoma Senate

Mayro of Tulsa

US House of Representatives

US Senate

Resources

Jim Inhofe Wikipedia

James Mountain Inhofe - Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture

No comments:

Post a Comment