Saturday, May 6, 2023

Dead People Files Project Update

 We have reached the 6 months check in for my project. Details about my project are below.

Goals

Research 15 ancestors and present that information on the blog. I will be using some of the 52 ancestors in 52-week writing prompts. Below is the start of the ancestors that I will for sure be researching. (5/15) I have written 8 biographies out of 15.  

    Lulu Pearl Howard Liston (Hoyt/Liston Tree) Complete- link

    John Lendman (Lendman)

    Eliza Greene Perkins Doane (Hoyt/Liston ) Complete- link

    John Christian Brenneman (Hoyt/Liston)

    Ida Shadwell Lendman (Lendman) Complete-link

    Charles Bourck Liston - link

    Hannah Hopkins - link

    Mary Carver Knight - link

    Abel Sutliff Jr -link

    Great Grandma's - link

Do a DNA test on myself - I am interested in learning more about this

Improve my genealogy research - I plan on reading some genealogy books that are from the required reading list from the BYU and Boston University Genealogy programs. I think a good goal would be at least 3 books. I am actively searching for books on Quakers and the book below is one my library had. I have a bunch of Quakers in my tree. I hope that helps in my understanding of Quakers.


Do one genealogy field trip? I think this might be open to interpretation.

Kinda of completed. I attended two library meeting on Family Search and Genealogy. However, I would like to do a for real field trip of some kind. I also attended Roots Tech 2023 virtually.

find a better way to share or present my genealogy research. work in progress

write better genealogy stories. work in progress

scan more photos and become more proficient in this.  


No comments:

Post a Comment