Monday, August 20, 2012

Winding Down

pencil vase with home grown sunflowers
Our summer is winding down.  We have 2 weeks before school starts.  This is when time both speeds up and slows down depending on the time of day.  I love being home with my kids.  I am so lucky that my husband's job allows me this privilege.  BUT I have been with my kids constantly with no real break every single day for basically the whole summer.  I just want to talk with some adults - snicker. This also the point in the year where I start to feel like a school supply hoarder. 
school supply hoard
What is left on the summer to do list is just a short list of activities, some doctors appointments, shoe shopping, and general get back to a better routine. Anyone else feel my pain?  Did I mention that the High School Band is practicing at the neighborhood elementary school?  Yes, the same one that my backyard faces.  The drummers found it necessary to practice RIGHT next to the fence.  My whole house was vibrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment