Friday, August 20, 2010

My Follies aka Appliance Repair 101

I seriously think appliances and/or mechanical things are out to get me. Earlier this week I killed my computer. It crashed. I believe it can be fixed but not by me. On Wednesday, I noticed my washer wasn't draining. I have one of those fancy Duet Washers. Of course, my better half is out of town also known as "He who Fixes Things".

In the spirit of "What would Mrs Respiratory Therapist do?" ( She seriously has a ridiculously long line of appliance failures.) I googled my dilemma. I would of never thought of that before except Mrs Respiratory Therapist was telling me how she had been doing that. I can google with the best of them After googling the repair, I thought to myself, I can do that. I got the front panel off - Praise the Lord for German engineering. It was held on by only 3 screws. You know if it had been made in China it would had a billion screws and some of those toy twist ties. I unscrewed the drain thingy-totally the scientific name. The drain thingy was clogged with 3 pennies, broken pen, bread tie, rocks and just general hair debris. I took a picture but because I am not on my computer I have no idea how to get it here. Cleaned the drain thing out and started the washing machine and it ran. But more importantly it drained. YEAH! Then I cleaned the whole laundry room since I was there. Please someone go knock on wood and not the fake stuff either. I am positive my luck is already beginning to run out.

***The moral of this story is that sometimes googling a repair really pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment