Friday, October 9, 2009

Check you coins

While Big E and I were at the centennial river walk in our town. I am going to do a post just on the centennial river walk on a later date. Big E found a new Bicentennial Lincoln Penny. In case you haven't heard, there are 4 Bicentennial Lincoln pennies. This year, 2009, is the 200th Anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birth and the the 100 year anniversary of the Lincoln 1 cent. Here is some more info. I have only seen the Youth in Indiana and Professional Life in Illinois pennies. This past summer my kids and I read quite a few books about Abe Lincoln as we hoped to go to the US Mint in Denver when we visited my parents. We were unable to gets tickets but I used this teacher guide found at the US Mint Site. It was really helpful. I have some great discussions with my kids and Big E about money.

No comments:

Post a Comment