Saturday, May 23, 2009

Padilla Bay

I have the honor and privilege a 5th grade field trip to Padilla Bay on Wednesday of last week. My #1 son had said these kids are louder than a boom box and I tend to believe that. I had been a field trip the previous week with kindergartner's to the fire station and they were not that loud. Other than being really loud, they were a great group of kids and no one got sopping wet. I guess that happens a lot on this field trip.

I had never been Padilla Bay before. We arrived there when the tide was out so we played a scavenger hunt on the mud flats. It was the kind of mud that would suck your shoe right off. They found a lot of crabs, sea snails, and worms. We even saw a heron. Later we when to the Interpretive center and look under microscopes and did other cool exploration activities. All in all not a bad way to spend a school day.

No comments:

Post a Comment