Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beach Week

The theme of the week for Chuckles has been the beach. We started off on Monday going to Birch Bay with some friends. Chuckles managed cover himself like a donut in the sand. It's a good look don't you think. I imagine he still has sand in his scalp.


Then on Tuesday, he went on a field trip to Semiahmoo with all the kindergarten classes at his school. I met the school bus at the beach. The weather just managed to clear up enough for it to be nice. It was pouring down rain right before the bus arrived at the beach.

On Thursday, it was the K-2 Spring Program which was titled dive into the A, B, Sea. My dear friend Sandy lent us her son's Hawaiian Shirt. (Thank you!) They wanted them to wear beach attire. I am pretty sure that is the longest musical program I have been to in a long time. It was about 1.5 hours. It ended well past my Kindergartner's bedtime too. Did I mention the gym was hot, hot and they did not have enough chairs. The Giant Man Child was sweating up a storm. His hair was glistening. LOL Chuckles did a good job and seemed to know the words and actions. They ended the program by singing "The Yellow Submarine"

arrow points to Chuckles

No comments:

Post a Comment