Friday, September 15, 2023

What I Read September

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone is reading this month.

Oh the reading has been eclectic! 



This is about the true story of 3 high school students that researched Irene Sendler and developed a play on her life for a National History Day Project.  Irene Sendler rescues countless Jewish children for the Ghetto in Poland during WWII.  


She was a social worker and allowed into the Jewish ghetto. This is an amazing story about her life. 







Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See

This was a quick interesting read for me.  Lisa See is a great storyteller and I found this story about a Female Chinese doctor so interesting. Lady Tan was a real doctor and wrote a book. This story is loosely based on her life. This is very well researched. I think this would make an excellent book club read with a tea tasting. Lisa See's Website



Shanghai Girls by Lisa See 

This was a quick read, but this book has a sequel, Dreams of Joy, which I haven't read. It is about 2 sisters, Pearl and May, who live in Shanghai and were models but then were put in an arranged marriage and make their way to America. This is happening during the backdrop of WWII. I had never heard of the term Paper Son or Paper Daughter.  This is an interesting look into immigration at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment