Saturday, August 15, 2020

What I Read August

I am linking up to Quick Lit hosted by the wonderful Modern Mrs Darcy. Check out what everyone else is reading. 

I received another hold from Modern Mrs Darcy's Summer Reading List. I actually had forgotten that I requested it.

Code Name Helene by Ariel Lawhon
This work of fiction is based on the real life of Nancy Wake. Nancy was an Australian expat living in France who bluff her way into a reporting job for Hearst publishing. She married a wealthy Frenchman and when the war came became part of the resistance and later part of the British Special Operations. The book is broken down by all her code names. Nancy is amazing and fearless. This was a great compelling read. You can't but help but root for her. The operations she ran were complicated.  She was the most decorated woman of World War II. Perhaps the best read of my summer.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your comment over at Modern Mrs. Darcy and came over to visit. This book sounds really interesting! I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much about this book and want to read it soon! she sounds fascinating and brave!

    Here are my recent reads, if interested:
    https://elle-alice.blogspot.com/2020/07/july-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete