Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Windy Walk on the Wild Side

View off of Chuckanut Drive
I decided for my birthday I would like to go for a drive.  We drove the scenic Chuckanut drive.  We grabbed 2 geocacahes along the way in which I managed to get muddy and wet shoes. It is the curse of the Pacific Northwest.


I had suggested driving to Anacortes but on the way we decided that we should walk the length of the Deception Pass Bridge.  It was something neither my Husband or I had ever done.  We had often stopped in the middle to admire the view.  The Deception Pass Bridge spans both Deception Pass and Canoe Pass. So we parked on one side of the bridge and began our adventure.  It was windy and a little disconcerting looking down 180 feet.   As we got close to the middle island, the wind seemed to pick up a bit but we decided to keep going.

Selfie with Bridge
Like my wind blown look?
We crossed over to the other side of the bridge the wind was at our back.  However walking the entire length back it started to rain and the wind really picked up.  We were having trouble walking.  It made me extremely nervous when my Husband grabbed both handrails.  The wind was whipping my hair so bad I couldn't see in front of me.  When I got home I looked up the wind forecast, the wind was gusting between 15 mph and 25 mph while we were on the bridge. YIKES!  Yep, we were the crazy people walking the bridge.

That was definitely a birthday adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment